Allpcstuff Guide to enable file sharing in windows
When It comes to enable file sharing windows 7, it can be easily done. It can be tedious at times to enable file sharing windows 7, especially when you don’t know certain things. So today I’d like to show you how easily it is to enable file sharing windows 7.
1. Enable Network Discovery
The first step to enable file sharing windows 7, is to Enable Network Discovery. You can do this by going to control panel, Network and Sharing Center and then click on Change Advanced Settings, you will then see the screen below. Navigate to Network Discovery and ensure it is turned on as shown below.
enable file sharing windows 7
First enable network and file sharing in control panel
1. Go to my computer or file explorer and locate the drive you want to share.
2. In my computer, Select the drive you want to share, right-click and select properties, as shown below.
3. When ever I want to share drives, I select Advanced Sharing. The reason is that you always need to select Permissions, for each user. If you don’t select certain permissions, you may not be able to access your shared drive, due to share restrictions.
4. In the Advanced Sharing tab, select Share this folder, then select the Permissions folder.
5. It can become very tricky to share files to your android device from your PC. The simplest solution that worked for me was to select “Everyone” for share permissions, then I selected Allow full control, Change and read permissions for everyone. Then I clicked on the Apply Button
Click the OK Button to close the permissions for D and then close the advance sharing box.
If you want to disable password sharing so you don’t get the password dialog box (as shown below):
Do the following:
Go to control panel > select network and internet
Select network and Sharing Center
Select “Change Advanced Sharing Settings”
Under “All Networks “ in the “Password-protected sharing” select turn off password protected sharing
Enable Security Permissions
The last thing we need to do, is to enable security permissions. Check out this guide here on how to Enable the security permissions
Well, I hope you have managed to enable file sharing windows 7, get all your file sharing done right. It can be a tedious tasks, but I find that by applying these steps, you can easily share files. There can be times that you cannot share all files. There are many reasons why this may happen. One of the common issues is due to your firewall blocking access, or if you use third party firewall security apps, they can prevent you from sharing your files properly.
Have Your Say
Please leave your comments below, and I’ll try to help if you have any further information