how to save a document as a pdf
Have you ever wanted To how to save a document as a pdf from any document or even a web page? Today I’d Like to show you how it is done!
There are many ways in which one can create and save documents, or a web page to pdf, you may want to save it for sharing with friends, or send documents to colleagues, or clients and or saving it for future reference. What ever the reason, you need to create a pdf document there are many programs out there, for non commercial use and some you have to pay for.
If you are looking to save a pdf file and edit the pdf file later you will unfortunately need a paid software such as Adobe Reader Pro. However for adobe reader pro your looking at software license fee of over $450. Why would you pay for these high prices when you can get alternative software, which is open source (meaning it’s free?)
Today I’d like to share with you an alternative to Adobe Reader Pro and how to save a document as a pdf
What is a PDF Anyway?
Basically a PDF file is a file format where you can actually capture and send documents electronically. It is the de facto standard of distributing electronic documents around the world.
Introducing Cute PDF Writer, an alternative to Adobe Reader Pro
Basically this program will install a printer driver on your computer, you actually don’t invoke it directly, as when you install this software you are installing a “Virtual” Printer. When you install CUTE PDF Writer it will require you to download and install a PS2PDF converter such as Ghostscript. The main purpose of Ghost script is to convert documents in to a pdf file.
Pros and Cons
1. Very quick to install the software on your computer
2. Create your pdf file quickly
3. Easy to use, just like printing a file
1. The free version has minimum options to choose from
2. Has a separate control panel
3. Cannot edit the pdf file.
How to install CUTE PDF
1. Download CUTE PDF from http://www.cutepdf.com/
2. Stat the executable file and you will be presented with a wizard, like shown in the picture below
3. Click Next To Continue
4. Click the “ I accept the agreement” radio button and click next to continue
5. Unfortunately, like many software, CUTE PDF writer comes with unwanted add-ons, be sure to uncheck the icon that says “I Want to install the Ask Toolbar” before clicking next
6. Click Decline in the next step
7. Click Install and the wizard will start to install cutepdf writer, at this stage, the wizard will also ask you to download the PS2PDF converter, be sure to click accept to download and install it.
Using CUTEPDF Writer
When It’s time to use pdf writer and save a document, it is very simple.
1. Click the file menu and select the print icon
2. Select cutepdf writer as your default printer “This is your virutal printer” which will save the pdf file then select the print icon below
3. A dialog box will appear asking you to save your document and the location you want to save the document to
That’s it. You have successfully saved a pdf file
Overall, Cutepdf writer is a free alternative to adobe reader pro to saving pdf files, it is very simple and fast to use. However the software lacks some features such as editing pdf files. There are many free alternatives to Adobe Reader Pro, but I believe that cutepdf writer stands out from the crowd.