How to Copy Sim Contacts to Gmail
I have always been an Android phone user, I never liked apple. But one thing that I found difficult was to copy sim contacts to gmail account, it’s also surprising that there are not many resources about this on the internet.
I recently had a Samsung Galaxy SII Phone, which unfortunately got water damaged. I was looking for a way to backup my old sim card contacts to my new sim card. Fortunately enough the sim card still worked, and I was able to backup my contacts.
It took me a couple hours to find out how to sync my contacts, and I found syncing your contacts to Google Gmail account was the easiest solution for me. If you trust Google to store all your information for you that is!
I have decided to put together this step by step tutorial on how to copy sim contacts to Gmail.
What you need for this tutorial
- Android Smart Phone
- Gmail account, click here to get one
Step by Step guide: Adding a New Gmail account
1. You need to add a new or existing Google account by going to the settings tab
2. In the Settings Section, click on Accounts
3. then click on Google in Add account tab
4. At this point, you will be presented with a Google account setup screen, You can either add an existing account, or create a new account.
After you have followed the wizard to Adding or using an Existing Google Account, you are ready to start backing up your sim card contents.
Sync your Sim Card contacts to your Google Account
It is a pretty straight forward, just follow these simple steps and you will have your Sim Contacts backed up to your Google Account.
1. The first thing is, you need to tell Android that you want to back up your sim card contacts.
2. Then tell Android that you want only sim card contacts to be displayed
3. Then your sim contacts will be displayed. At this screen, click the settings button on your android phone and
4. Then click the Accounts button.
5. The phone will then ask you which account do you want to sync your phone to. Since this tutorial is about Google, Select Google. However there are also other accounts you can sync your sim contacts to.
6. In the next screen, select sync contacts and Sync Gmail. Then Press the sync now button as shown below.
That’s it, you have successfully synced your sim card contacts to your Gmail account.
Checking your Gmail Account
[share-to-unlock]1. Login to your Gmail account, and under Gmail drop down menu, select Contacts and all your phone contacts should be under that menu[/share-to-unlock]
Using Gmail to copy sim contacts is one of the many options available. You can choose to save your Accounts in many other ways. If you trust Google to backup your sim card contacts, this is a great alternative method.
Have Your Say
If you have found this article to be useful, I’d appreciate it if you share and share a like. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated, please have your say, by leaving a comment below.