Are Paid Antivirus software better than Free Ones? Today I’d like to take a look at the difference between Paid vs. Free Antivirus software to ensure that You have the right protection.
Paid Antivirus vs Free Antivirus What would you choose? Antivirus protection is one of the most important pieces of software on any computer system today. Viruses, malware and Trojans can affect many users around the world and users struggle to face all types of security issues everyday. Viruses can be so advanced, that they can do nasty things such as destroy your personal data, and even steal your personal information. Most of us probably would admit that we don’t know much about security protection and what to choose. There are a huge range of Antivirus and Security software to choose from, but when it comes down to the user, there are two types of Antivirus software we can choose from, should we choose Free Antivirus or Paid Antivirus? that is the question.
Part 1: Free Antivirus software
Free Antivirus Software
When it comes down to free Antivirus software, it usually comes with minimum protection, no technical support and lack of features. But if you hardly ever shop on line and use your credit card information online, Free antivirus is the way to go.
- Perfect for home users that just occasionally browse the internet and play games.
- Do not shop online and use their credit cards online.
- protects you against common Viruses and Spyware.
- Lack of support.
- Users can get bombarded with annoying popups, banner ads, or intrusive advertising urging you to upgrade to full version.
- May not always effetely detect viruses and spyware.
The Bottom line
Even though free Antivirus usually lack features and phone support, consider how free antivirus will benefit you in the long run, if you are worried on how you use your personal information online, or want to ensure that your personal data is safe, user experience and time, it’s probably a better option to look into the benefits that Paid Antivirus has to offer.
Part 2: Antivirus Software
Paid Antivirus Software provides the Rolls Royce in protection, from Antivirus, Spyware, Malware, and Firewall Protection, the extra features can be endless. Most of these add-on will be updated automatically and you get real time protection against the latest threads. I believe that some of the down side to Paid Antivirus software, is that some of these extras can be considered as bloat ware, and it’s an attempt by the software developer to upsell their products.
Benefits of Paid
- Tech support when you need it
- Real Time Protection in Antivirus, Malware, Spyware and even Firewall
- Additional extras to protect your identity online, perfect for people who shop online
Disadvantages of Paid
- Some do not support anti-phishing. (Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details in email communication)
- Some companies only provide support by Phone, which isn’t ideal if you live on the other side of the word.
The Bottom Line.
It can be quite of a dilemma when choosing Antivirus Software, but in a nutshell, If you are an online shopper fanatic, Paid Antivirus is the way to go, but if you really cannot afford to get the Rolls Royce of Antivirus software, then there is no problems in using free Antivirus software.