Have you ever forgotten to save your data, and realize that you lost all your important documents, the night before your Project is due? The Only person to blame is yourself, for not having a regular data backup plan!
Our lives are very busy and stressful. Accidents can happen, we can accidentally forget to save our data, and we can loose everything. If you stick to a good backup routine, you can prevent these disasters.
Backing up data can not always be practical. Software can be really expensive, but you don’t really have to pay top dollar for expensive backup software. Recently I came across this nifty software from AOMEI Technology, which allows you to Backup your important data and more, for free.
Today, I’d like to give you my personal AOMEI Data Backupper Review.
PRODUCT_NAME: AOMEI Data Backupper Standard Edition
Overall Ranking: 9 out of 10
Price: Standard: Free, Professional Version: $39 Professional version with free Lifetime upgrade: $49
Owners: AOMEI Technology
Data Backupper Product Overview
Data Backupper is one of the many data backup software on the market today, with one difference. Because of it’s ease of use and simplicity, any one can use it.
It can be very difficult for non tech savvy people to know how to backup their computer system. With Data Backupper, it’s user interface is well presented, and the software is very easy to use.
There are about four main features of the software, in the backup console. You can choose from: Backup, Restore, Clone and Utilities.
There are four main Backup features to choose from:
- System backup, where you can choose to backup, the entire system including the operating system and applications.
- File/Folder Backup: You can choose which files or folders you want to backup.
- Disk Backup: where you can clone your entire hard drive to another hard drive, or you can save it to a NAS storage.
- Partition Backup: Where you can backup only a specified partition of your hard drive.
When it comes time to recover your lost documents or files, this is the place to go. Choose from:
- System Restore: Restore your system from a earlier state
- File Restore: Recover your files that have accidently been lost, deleted or corrupted
- Disk Partition: Completely recover the hard drive
- Selective File Restore: Choose the files you want to recover
- Disk: Copy your hard drive to another hard drive without creating an image file
- Clone Partition: Create an exact duplication of your partition and transfer it to another hard drive
Pros and Cons of Data Backupper
- Has ability to backup to NAS. I always like backup software, that has the ability to backup to a Network Attached storage system (NAS). I found that I was able to backup the system, to an NAS which took around 20 minutes on a Gigabit home network. When It took time to restore an image, it took around 20 minutes also.
- Has excellent support and tutorials for newbies
- Ability to create a Bootable Disaster recovery CD.
- There are some features that you may want to use, that is only available in the Professional version. Some features include: command line backups, and merge backup images.
Final Verdict of Data Backupper
For non tech savvy people Data Backupper is an excellent tool to use in your daily backup routine. Don’t take my word for it, until you try it for yourself.
Have Your Say
What are your experiences with Data Backupper? Have your say by leaving your comments below. If you like this article please like and share a like